Welcome to the official Wheelchair Costume Blog. Feel free to browse through these awesome creations. We hope they inspire and encourage others out there that might want to tackle any of these cardboard creations. The pictures are property of this site and their respective owners. While we welcome open sharing of the content and photos on this blog, any misuse of the photos is prohibited. Please be respectful of the hard work that went into these projects by recognizing the source when you share.

If you have a wheelchair or walker costume creation that you want to share, please e-mail me using the hot glue gun link on the right!

10.31.2012

Batmobile Wheelchair Costume



You need:
Cardboard
Black Spray Paint
Half sphere styrofoam shape
2 Styrofoam circles (one small, one bigger)
Reflectors
Red and orange tissue paper
Hot Glue Gun
Batman symbol printed out
Dashboard decorations (optional)

Here's how we did it:
First we cut out the cardboard into the shape we wanted for the sides of the Batmobile. I cut out a rectangle for the back of the Batmobile and a square for the front. I spray painted the cardboard black, at least 2 coats of paint.


The smaller styrofoam circle was painted silver. The larger one I painted black. I also painted the half sphere black.

Then I glued the front square to the sides and finished it up by gluing the back rectangle. That gives you the Batmobile shape. It only takes 4 pieces of cardboard to make the Batmobile. At the last minute I cut out a thin rectangle shape, painted it black, and added it to the front of the Batmobile to make a dashboard

I clued the large styrofoam circle to the front and glued the half sphere in the middle.


For the dashboard, I printed out a MPH gauge and a smaller batman symbol. I glued those to the dashboard. You could also add a small steering wheel if you want.


For the back I added 2 reflectors (bought at Walmart). I glued the smaller silver styrofoam circle in the center and added red and orange tissue paper to look like flames. I added larger Batman symbols to each side of the Batmobile.

The Batmobile fit really nice around Caleb's chair so we only had to add a little string to tie it to his back seat bars.


No comments:

Post a Comment